Build Muscle/Strength - Beginner to Advance

Welcome to Phase II of my fitness journey: Build Muscle/Strength (BMS). 

This phase will contain multiple different programs:
Beginner to Advance by Dr. Jim Stoppani
8 Weeks to Muscle & Strength by Eric2Fit
Shortcut to Size by Dr. Jim Stoppani
MuscleUp 12 Week Program by Eric2Fit

After completing these 4 programs, I will decide, if I should be adding more programs to this phase or move-on to another phase on this journey to fitness.



The 12 week Beginner to Advance Program by Dr. Jim Stoppani, broken down into:
  • 4 quarters, 3 weeks each quarter.
  • Lose 4 lbs each quarter for a total of 16 lbs.
  • Gain 2 lbs of muscle each quarter for a total of 8 lbs. 

BMS Beginner to Advance 1st Quarter - Lose 4 lbs of fat and Gain 2 lbs of Muscle!

STARTING WEIGHT 205 lbs.

Gotta eat to grow! Diet will include 250 grams of protein on workout days, mainly from Chicken, Eggs and Protein Shakes. I will be taking multi-vitamins and Creatine each day. Doing the Jim Stoppani Beginner to Advanced 12 week body building program.

Week 1: 206.5 lbs. Gained 1.5 lbs. Went out drinking on Thursday night, I think that killed my week, I was on track to lose 2lbs, I will just have to work hard the next 2 weeks.

Week 2: 203.5 lbs. Lost 3 lbs. Stayed on the diet all week, then Friday night I went out for 2 beers.

Week 3: 201.3 lbs. Lost 2.2 lbs. I am eating yogurt/fruts for my mid morning meal, cut some of the galleries but still has a lot of protein.

1st Quarter Total Weight Loss/Muscle Gain: Lost 3.7 lbs, missed my 4 lb goal by .3 lbs, but feeling really good, after the start I had to this quarter, didn't think I would have come this close to making my goal.


BMS Beginner to Advance 2nd Quarter - Lose 4 lbs of fat and Gain 2 lbs of Muscle!

Gotta eat to grow! Diet will include 250 grams of protein on workout days, mainly from Yogurt, Chicken, Eggs and Protein Shakes. I will be taking multi-vitamins and Creatine each day.

Week 4: 199.3 lbs. Lost 2 lbs. Can't explain how happy and proud I am to look on the scale now and see that I am below 200 lbs, I have gotten so use to seeing 200+, it almost seems weird to see 199.3.
Progress pic, still have a lot of work to do, but very proud of how far I have come. Click here to see my Before/After Pictures.


Week 5: 195.3 lbs. Lost 4 lbs. Losing 4 lbs is great, but I think I need to be eating more, losing too much weight too fast. Never thought I would ever say that! Lol. Worked really hard this week now just have to make sure my diet is in check. Gotta eat to grow!

Week 6: 198.6 lbs.. Gained 3.3 lbs. Let me explain SMH, this was labor day weekend! I went out that Saturday night had a few drinks and I do mean a few! Sunday I pigged out had to get over my hangover. Monday was a holiday and I did a BBQ, ate a lot. Missed my cardio workout on Wednesday, Thursday got free tickets to the Yankees/Red Sox game (Yankees lost), had a few beers, wings and a hot dog. That fully explains my weight gain, had fun but it sucks to see the scale going up.

2nd Quarter Total Weight Loss/Muscle Gain: Lost 2.7 lbs in Total. Current weight 198.6. The plan is now regroup and lose the weight in the next 2 quarters to make up for first 2 quarters.


BMS Beginner to Advance 3rd Quarter - Lose 4 lbs of fat and Gain 2 lbs of Muscle!

Due to my work schedule I been working out in the PM for the past 3 weeks, I am not going back to AM workouts, 5am wakeup! Going to try to reduce my calories/carbs but keep my Protein at 250 grams workout days.

Week 7: 195.1 lbs... Lost 3.5 lbs. This week was a good week, stayed on track with my diet and workouts. Need to do the same for next week!

Week 8: DID NOT WEIGH-IN. Had my sons 2nd Birthday party Saturday 9/21, I usually weigh-in on Saturdays but due to how crazy it was planning this party, I did not get to weigh-in, also missed a few workouts because of it as well, good news the party was a success! Back on the grind, have to finish this quarter strong!.

Week 9: 192.2 lbs... Lost 2.9 lbs. LOST 80 lbs in total, which was my initial goal! Really excited.

3rd Quarter Total Weight Loss/Muscle Gain: LOST 6.4 lbs. Putting my average to 4 lbs per quarter, which is my goal. I am more excited about meeting my initial weight loss goal of 80 lbs, WOW!


BMS Beginner to Advance 4th Quarter - Lose 4 lbs of fat and Gain 2 lbs of Muscle!

I will be cutting back on my diet this quarter, would like to lose at least 8 lbs. The next program, my 8 week to Muscle & Strength will be more of a bulking phase, but I don't want to gain too much weight, so I am trying  to lose extra this quarter. Meals: Protein Shake, Yogurt, BelVita, Quest Protein Bar, Nature Valley Bar, Protein Shake & Chicken with bread or brown rice.

Week 10: 192.9... Gained .7 lbs. I think my diet was off this week, going to adjust my meal plan for next week.

Week 11: 196.5... Gained 3.1 lbs. What a difference a week or two makes. On Thursday we had a job outing, had a few drinks, NY Strip Steak and some APPS, I am positive that affected my weigh in this week! As always going to get focus and kill it for next week.

Week 12: 190.5... Lost 6 lbs. This week was great stayed focus and stuck to my diet/exercise routine. Can't believe I made it to the end of the first 12 weeks already.

4th Quarter Total Weight Loss/Muscle Gain: Lost 14.5 lbs.... I have definitely seen some strength gains, and I can start to see a little definition in most muscle groups. Have to be patient and keep working hard to see even more definition/results.

My review of the Beginner to Advanced Program by Jim Stoppani, its more like a beginner to advance beginner, its a great program and is perfect for beginners, I learned the different splits and how to group my workouts, it helped me a lot in designing my own program.
I did not follow the diet or nutrition portion because I wanted to lose some weight and save some $ on supplements. Thank you for a great program Jim, now I am a Advanced Begginner!


1 comment:

  1. The central government would get the expense of the card for poor people. Neither the Carter nor the Kennedy proposition endured the Congress. Testosterone Boosters

    ReplyDelete

 

SPONSORS


The Weight Loss Game Plan
My eBook that gives you a step by step exercise and diet guide to lose fat and my 80 pound weight loss journey.

Click Here to view the journey and to buy the eBook, only $2.99

ADVERTISE / BECOME A SPONSOR


Become a sponsor for as little as $5 per month, contact me for more details.
Eric2Fit @ gmail.com